R Biz Solutions has a responsibility to minimise our impact on society and the natural environment when undertaking design, build or managed facilities.
We work closely with our employees, customers, suppliers and subcontractors on all aspects of sustainability. We strive to balance short- and long-term interests, and to make economic, environmental and social considerations integral to our decision-making. We engage in dialogue with our partners and those who are affected by our activities.
We are committed to being a responsible business. This means conducting our activities according to rigorous ethical, professional and legal standards. We will not condone corruption, bribery or unfair competition.
People: adding value for customers, employees, business partners and the community
- Customers: We strive to exceed client expectations working in partnership with our customers to deliver good quality projects on time, safely and with due regard to the environment. We develop low carbon options whenever possible for our customers and encourage them to choose sustainable design, materials, and construction methods. We aim to be the preferred supplier of low carbon solutions.
- Community: We promote good community relations by its very nature, our construction and refurbishment activities have an impact upon the local environment, end users and the wider community. We take a proactive stance in minimising disruption to our neighbours and seek to make a positive contribution to the local community by including the preferred use of local labour and services.
- Employees: We are committed towards our employees. We create a safe and inspiring workplace environment for all our employees enabling them to develop their skill set and contribute to the growth of our business. The commitments to our people are as follows:
Health and Safety – Health and safety is our top priority. We are committed to continually improving the health and safety of our employees, subcontractors and those affected by our activities, including members of the public.
Equality and Diversity – We provide an inclusive working environment where everyone feels valued and respected. We are committed to equal opportunities and ensuring that we do not discriminate against anyone on the grounds of gender, marital status, race, colour, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, disability or age.
Learning and Development – We promote a learning culture and provide opportunities to equip our employees with the skills and knowledge they need to run our business successfully and to extend their personal development.
- Supply Chain: We treat our supply chain partners fairly and responsibly and work with our subcontractors and suppliers to ensure they operate in a safe and environmentally responsible way. Together with our preferred partners we promote and develop sustainable solutions and best practices across the sector.
- Resources: We will improve resource efficiency by reducing the supply of natural resources used in our products. Collaborating with our clients and supply chain to use alternative materials and methods to optimise the use of raw materials. Promote measures to recycle and minimise waste on all sites.
- Environment: We will limit our environmental impact and take all reasonable measures to ensure that our activities are conducted in a way that minimises our impact on the local environment. We promote good environmental practice and seek opportunities to enhance biodiversity on our sites.